Friday, March 4, 2011

Fab Friday (3/4/11)

Fab Friday: "Lucky"

I was dreading this week, but it turned out to be completely fabulous. Mentally, I started in a funk, completely stressed out from school. I thought being a senior would be more relaxing than last year, but I still manage to find stress in my life. Luckily...my favorite form of stress relief is running! I quickly tried boosting my mindset and looked at all the great things happening in my life.

It was a fantastic week for running, with my new mile PR on Tuesday (8:30!!) and 2-mile PR on Wednesday (19:24! With my first negative split ever!). Needless to say, I was so very pleased. I found both times that my legs were ready for more, but my lungs were heaving. Turns out maybe I was holding myself back on my runs--I struggled to pace a 10:30 mile just last week. I'm so thrilled.

I also passed the pacer test for lacrosse. I made it to level eleven! Woohoo! I can't believe how far I've come with running. I literally couldn't believe my mile time on Tuesday--my mouth dropped open and I almost keeled over in shock. I felt like I had won a zillion dollars. I don't think I've ever been so grateful for my body and its abilities. I try to be truly thankful for every step and breath I take. Even when it's easy to lose perspective, running helps me remember I am lucky all the time.

My right calf is a bit achey, so I'm stretching like it's my job.

This was a great week for food. I started Monday off by making a big batch of roasted rosemary potatoes.


For lunch yesterday, I had a gigantic salad with spinach, craisins, walnuts, and feta cheese. Delish!



After my ecstatic 8:30 mile on Tuesday, I decided to celebrate by picking up a joey from Moe's. Nothing like a burrito bowling ball in the stomach to celebrate! The best part: I got two burritos for the price of one! Nothing like the wonder of coupons.



Finally, for breakfast this morning, I decided to try Chobani Greek yogurt (strawberry) with strawberries, blueberries, an apple, and some Kix.


Delish! I'm definitely trying this yogurt combination again. The apple added just the right consistency, and I was a huge fan of more fresh strawberries mixed with strawberry yogurt. All in all, it's a great week.

Tuesday's Workout: Run (1 mi./8:30!!)
Wednesday's Workout: Run (2 mi./19:24!!)
Thursday's Workout: Lacrosse (2 hours)
Friday's Workout: Lacrosse (2 hours)

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the running!

    All those pics are making me insanely hungry.

    ReplyDelete