Monday, February 28, 2011

2011 Cupcake Marathon

I'm entering my first marathon!


Well, not really.

The ingenious 2011 Cupcake Marathon, the brainchild of Jason at Cook Train Eat Race and Christel of Silly Girl Running, challenges people to complete 13.1 or 26.2 miles in two weeks (March 14th to March 26th).

That's right. Two weeks, and the mileage can be spread out over the runs. Heck, they can even be walked. Participants are sent three recipes for cupcakes and entered in a lottery (no speed required to win!) for cupcakes to be sent to you. Delicious.

I'm taking the marathon challenge. Are you?

As for my other goals, the beginning of the week is (almost) always optimistic for me. Today, not so much. So I thought it would be a good time to look toward the future.

So, what are my goals for 2011?

-As posted above, run the 2011 Cupcake Marathon.
No time goals. No stress. Just two weeks and a whole lot of running.

-Run a 5k in under 34 minutes (by July 1st)
My last 5k was 34:04. I will be running the same one this June and I want to be faster. I'm not setting a specific time because it's muggy and humid that time of year. I'm not exclusively training for a 5k because of lacrosse season.

-Run a 9:15 mile (by July 1st)
My mile PR is 9:34, which is a turtle pace compared to many people. I'd like to whittle it down a little.

-Participate in the 3rd Annual Staten Island Triathlon (August 21st)
(Swim 1/3 mile, bike 12 miles, run 4 miles)
Triathlon training this summer sounds like a great way to stay fit and have fun. The race is the day before I leave for college and it sounds like a great send-off activity. I think there's no better way to say goodbye to my home by having the landscape kick my butt.

-Run the Staten Island Half-Marathon (October 9)
Taking place in October, the Staten Island Half-Marathon will hopefully be the first of many. I'm excited. Scared. Determined as heck that I'm going to finish strong.

Thursday's Workout:
Swim (35 min.)
Friday's Workout:
Lacrosse (2 hours)
Saturday's Workout:
Rest
Sunday's Workout:
Run (2 mi./24:30)
Monday's Workout:
Bike (60 min.)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome sounding contest. First you run, then you're rewarded with cupcakes :D

    Also, these are some impressive goals, chica. Good luck

    ReplyDelete