Saturday, March 26, 2011

RAWR

RAWR: Regret. Anger. Wangst. Roaming around the internet doing absolutely nothing.

I have spent much of this week in a RAWR mood. (Much too sad/frustrated for an actual picture. I am so skilled at drawing. Hey, there's a reason this is a blog.)

I angsted about all the things I couldn't do: I had lost my glasses, I couldn't eat all the unhealthy snacks I wanted, I couldn't play lacrosse, I couldn't handle prom drama, and, most importantly, I couldn't walk.

This was not one of my proudest weeks. I just take hope in the fact that in a few weeks I will be well on my way to doing the things that I love again. I just have to focus on the things I can do right now. My arms are feeling the burn from tricep extensions, modified pushups, and resistance band workouts. I miss cardio a lot, but I know I'll be able to return to it eventually, and that's all that matters. A walking cast has made it a little easier to walk, too.

But today I have spent mostly looking like this:


I'm going to see Catch Me If You Can on Broadway tonight! I've been looking forward to this for years. It's time to concentrate on all the awesome things happening in my life.

Here's to a wonderful evening and less RAWR in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment